Monday, November 28, 2011

Shredding time!

Happy 3 years-Here we come 2012 competition season! We got our swagger back & it's shedding time!
It's been awhile..too long. I am back and better than ever. Today is the first official day of deflating my body and pre-prepping for my contest prep that starts nice and early-Jan 30th. I have got my head on straight and my motivation back. I enjoyed my Thanksgiving holiday treats and all. I have a lot to be thankful for this year and always. Top of my thankful list is my husband! Today is actually our three year anniversary of being a couple. Even though we now have a wedding anniversary, it's nice to take a moment and reflect on the early days when we first started. It's been great ever since day one!
This thanksgiving break put me over the edge a bit. Brendan and I decided now is the time to shed some unwanted body fat. I personally have been a miserable beast since returning from my honeymoon. I haven't loved putting on some lbs., even though to some degree they were necessary. I know I can't be low body fat all year long, but this puffy, bloatedness is officially over!! I am going down from here. Being a figure athlete, I know I tend to have a tad bit of body dis morphia and think I am way bigger than I probably look in other peoples eyes. The thing that gets me the most is my confidence has been nonexistent for some time now. I want to feel like a figure athlete and get that look back. Today was the first step in the right direction! Woot Woot! June 23rd here I come. It's hard to think that far in advance but I am ready.

I started day one of pre prep by rising early for my morning cardio session. I wasn't a happy camper to have to get back in the groove of things, but cardio helped wake me up and get my mood turned around. Good ol cardio. Twenty five minutes on the elliptical machine flew by. It was nice to wake up in the mild air-today was in the 60's again. Craziness!
As far as my diet goes, I will be carb cycling from now until two weeks before the end of Jan. when the real prep starts. Today was a low carb day..so far not bad. I think my mental bliss has taken over. Mind over matter right Bren?! We have exactly six cheat meals left before our go time of Jan. 30th. That's nuts-I am so beyond ready for it. I think this contest prep is going to be diff. from last time because we didn't know any better. This time around I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel as far as dieting goes and this time around we are going to come off the diet way better, without any evil influences of binging friends. We are all good this time around. I am hoping the 2012 season is a good one for us both. I have two shows in mind. One June 23rd, then since I am staying lean all summer going to end the season with the Cape show.

Enough contest talk...sorry can't help it. I got my drive back. I am feeling like my old figure self again. Determined, motivated and fierce! We are approaching the holidays...I am getting excited. We put our tree up as we have done the past couple of years the day after Thanksgiving. It looks as lovely as ever. I am most excited to share the holiday with Brendan in our bubble. I have got to get my shop on soon. My wheels have been turning for some ideas...can't wait to wrap up some gifts for under the tree. I am loving seeing the lights on houses already...I think people took advantage of the mild weather and put lights up early. Yay! It's way more festive driving around now. Speaking of festive...are you loving my new background!? Bring on Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment