Sunday, December 4, 2011

One week down!

It's been awhile...
So far it's been one week since we have decided to clean it up a bit pre contest. Starting Monday, it has been nothing but clean, strict eating. The good efforts have paid off a bit too. The official bloat has gone down. I am no where near satisfied, but I def. feel less puffy. I hope that its a step in the right direction, I know it is.

This weekend we didn't dine out, instead we made delicious turkey meatloaf and kept to our cals. Honestly, it wasn't difficult-mind over matter I think. I miss the act of going out to dinner, but I am willing to keep to the sacrifice and do this thing right! I keep telling myself -nothing tastes as good as lean feels! Plus, it is no fun when date night involves big baggy sweats and sweatshirt because you feel too shitty to get yourself ready to go out. Instead you hide behind the big clothes and continue to make it worse. It's a viscous cycle. Feel bad, eat more, feel worse.
 We packed our meals all weekend and did great. I'll be honest, today was the toughest day. We had a fabulous opportunity to go to the Pats game today-club seats and all! It was so great, but it raised temptation for sure. Pulling into the lot seeing all the tailgators munching on Doritos, M&M's and swigging on cold beer as early as nine in the morning made my taste buds water. It looked like a fun time too. Instead Brendan and I noshed on Greek Yogurt and PB...and laughed at ourselves all the while. There is no denying eating is social and when you take it out of the equation in life...it makes things a little bit harder. Let's just say its a blessing that Brendan and I are in this whole lifestyle together! I wouldn't change my lifestyle of eating healthy for anything...

My workouts have been good-very focused. I feel like I got my swagger & intensity back at the gym. I am determined to never get this unhappy about my body image again- it's not worth it. We have another clean week in store for us this week. We have our first cheat meal of this pre contest clean up plan this Saturday. It's my friend Katie's holiday party. There is sure to be lots of food and drink. Part of me doesn't even want to cheat, but the other half of me is looking forward to a treat. Hopefully, I can keep myself in check and only eat what I truly think is worth it. I know Brendan will not let us fail! First thing Sunday morning we are back on track until Christmas. I will enjoy myself guiltless on this day.....pretty much knowing the real end of treats and cheats is nearing very soon after.

I have to get back to blogging on a regular basis...I miss the way it makes me feel. So I promise to get back on track.

Things I am loving...
  • Seeing houses with holiday lights and decorated tress in the windows
  • The idea of celebrating my first Christmas as husband and wife
  • The love an support of Brendan
  • Report card cconferences being OVER on Friday!
  • My new North Face bag-love it! Compliments of my husband

No comments:

Post a Comment