Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What drives drives YOU?

Its that dreadful time of year at school...report cards!

 Today as I worked away on prepping my report cards for tomorrow's conferences I thought about motivation. Tomorrow countless amount of times that word will pass through my lips, whether it be for positive reasons or negative reasons.

It got me thinking,  where does motivation come from? You certainly can't buy motivation or will power. If that were the case we would have a beautiful, powerful, superior world. I got to thinking about my own motivation.
My motivation comes from the desire to feel good inside and out.
 In my career my motivation comes from seeing my students actually understand a concept and then apply it in their work or to hear them say "this is fun." Teaching is a stressful job with a lot of pressure, however, on those days where everything clicks there is no better feeling.
In the gym my obvious motivation is conditioning myself to be my very best self. I have been there...so I know it feels damn good and is worth all the hard work it takes to get there.
In all honesty I really enjoy the journey getting there, it makes the pay off feel that much better. Don't get me wrong- the days of cardio and low cals are killer, but in the end, the feeling of accomplishment trumps those rough days.
I love to workout, always have and surmise I always will. It's who I am. I look forward to going to the gym, pushing myself and I love the feeling of exhaustion after a great workout. There are days when I don't feel like working out, but those days are few and far between. Mentally I need to workout...the physical benefits are just a bonus.

Tonight was leg night. Quad split to be specific. I wasn't all that pleased with my attitude going into the workout. I am battling mother nature and waiting for my dearest Aunt Flow to strike. Needless to say, I have a very short fuse and am slightly on the moody side. I had to do lighter weight becuase my butt spot injury. It has flared up over the past month and is hindering my intensity. I am doing my best not to get annoyed. So light weight it was.  All and all I got a decent workout. It def. helped to curb my crankus mood. Case in point...mentally I need to workout. I always feel better after.
Tomorrow morning is my normal cardio day, but I have decided I am going to take  a full day to rest and recover because of my sore spot. Hopefully, the stretching, icing and taking it a bit easier will help to alleviate the tenderness.

Eighteen days until Christmas! I put in for a personal day for next Wednesday, to finish up some shopping!
Time sure does pass by quick!

LIVE IS SHORT LIVE IT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment