Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hello Holiday Spirit!

Today is my first official day of feeling the holiday spirit. With report card conferences done and out of the way, from here until Christmas it's good times. Katie's holiday party kicked off my holiday season last night. As expected I overdid the snackies, not like my worst, but def. overboard. I have a weakness for pickies. I made sure I ate a solid dinner plate of food, but it didn't keep my from picking. However, I am not going to dwell on it. Now is the time to do it, because in just about  6 weeks it's all over until June! I don't want waste time over thinking it and beating myself up, rather I am just going to get back on track until Dec. 23rd. Last night was probably as bad as its going to get. The rest of the holiday festivities will be a lot easier to control due to the fact that the food choices will be limited and I don't like to eat my face off in front of my own family. They eat like birds! Moving on!
This weekend was great. I got my hair colored for the first time and I like it. It's a chocolate brown, just a tad bit darker than my natural hair color. I waited thirty whole years until I changed my virgin hair. Its a good look, makes it shine more and hides the gray patch that I am starting to get!
Today  Brendan and I slept in for a change. We were out way later than normal, so it was nice to not jump out of bed and get into the normal Sunday routine. We took our time, ate breakfast and watched the movie Friends with Benefits. Very predictable, but good! We also, accomplished a lot of our holiday shopping which I think is half of the reason I got the spirit running through me! We wrapped and everything! Our tree has presents underneath it. I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner. I am excited - I love waking up with Brendan on Christmas morning! Looking forward to some quality time together over school break too.
We hit legs today-hamstring day. I am wiped out and my butt spot is feeling a little rough. It was a decent workout. My lunges are not steady because of my injury, so I did body weight hooked foot squats. My deads sucked because my grip gave out first. On a positive note, my hacks were great! We mixed up our shoulder workout this week too and that was a good change. Over break we will have the freedom and time to play around with some new exercises.
I made delicious turkey meatloaf for dinner. We just finished up. Brendan is busy prepping our meals for tomorrow- he is kind enough to let me do this quick blog! We are about to watch our second movie of the day-I love relax time! I promise to blog more this week!

Looking forward to getting clean this week-hitting numbers and the gym hard!
Personal day on Wednesday to finish my holiday shopping
Christmas show at school
School holiday party!
It's going to be a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment