Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Blues

I had my first fail as a blogger. I promised a double dose and I didn't deliver. My apologies. I'll give you a quick recap of my Saturday. I got up and out early for my morning cardio session. I  mixed it up with steady state and sprints for a whopping 20 minutes. I didn't want to do too much because I had to  make up my leg workout from yesterday. Legs are my all time favorite body part to train. This workout leaves me crushed immediately upon finishing-I love that feeling.
 I rushed home and shoveled in my oats and eggs. I hate rushing my morning meal more than anything. It is my favorite meal of the day. Today was an exception, I had to get to my facial appointment for nine. I was in desperate need of some pore cleaning. I am now fresh and free of clogged pores! Of course I was suckered into buying some products while I was there, but at least they were 30% off this month. I bought a pumpkin facial scrub and some cleaning pads to wipe my face after the gym. I am a true sucker! However, I am pleased with my purchases. I haven't used the scrub yet, but it smells amazing. Plus, I love anything pumpkin. I used the facial pads for the first time after today's sweaty gym session. I liked the way they left my skin feeling fresh. I firmly stand behind the belief that you are given one body and you should maintain and take care of it to the best of your ability. With this thought in mind, I already scheduled a facial for the month of December. Maybe I am just using it as an excuse to pamper myself....
Anyway, after my facial I came home to a nice clean apartment. About once a month or every six weeks we have our cleaning lady Sandra come in and do her thing. I love coming home to the fresh scent of cleaning solution! I love to clean myself, but everyone once in while its a nice treat not to have to do it. When Brendan got home we headed off to the gym to lift hamstrings. Its a quick hitter of a workout, but it leaves your legs shaking.
Saturday night is date night for the Walshs. We were both having some wardrobe drama before leaving. He and I have are having a tough time with our off season bodies. Like I said previously in my blog, its very much day to day with the mental aspect of this sport. This day was a bad day for both of us. We are at our wits end with our muscle incubating and are dieing to shed our top layer. Both of us had our own little hissy fits but pushed on with our night reassuring each other that Feb. is just around the corner and soon enough we will be shedding our layer. Once we were out of the house and on our way we were all good. We did a little shopping, mostly window shopping at the Burlington Mall then headed over to our all time favorite restaurant Flatbreads. To our disappointment they already changed the taps over to the winter lagers so we missed out on the pumpkin beer, but were fortunate enough to have a glass of Sea Dog. Delicious. I look forward to a beer and pizza on these nights. We got the usual goat cheese salad, and roasted red pepper and mushroom pizza. Brendan got an additional small pizza with some organic pepperoni. I had a taste. I am not a big fan of meats on my pizza, but it wasn't bad. I love our date nights. The conversation flows from topic to topic and we chat about things that are coming up. We always, no matter what, end up talking about contest prep. and food. I love our crazy heads! We followed up or delicious dinner with an ice cream treat from Gregory's in Reading. It was our lucky night-we got it for free too! I ordered Brendan's regular fav. moose tracks yogurt. I am a big fan now too. Usually I order oreo cookie frozen yogurt, but they were all out. I was pleasantly satisfied with my new flavor choice. Is it bad that I am already looking forward to next weekend's date night?! And yes, it will be Flatbreads again!  We came home and headed to bed early to get a good nights rest after a long week.
Now for today-I wake up and almost immediately get a case of the Sunday blues. I can't help it...I wish I could. Sundays are probably my least favorite day of the week. The only good thing about this day is it is the only morning we get to wake up together. Other than that...it sucks. Today like every Sunday was spent running around getting things ready for the week: grocery shopping, food prep, laundry and school work. Lucky for me I have the most amazing husbad who takes care of food prep and laundry-he's the best! I stress over school work and planning. Tonight was rough. My school anxieties were so intense..I even got teary eyed. blah! I really wish I loved teaching. In all honesty I do not. I like the idea of the career, but the fact that you can't leave the job at school and there is always take home work sucks. I think I would like it a whole lot more if I didn't have any take home. In a perfect world Brendan and I would be gym owners doing our fitness thing for a living. That would be awesome. It's his reality, not quite mine, although I wish it was! Aside from the usual Sunday errands we took a ride up to North Andover to look at a house we have been eyeing online. To our dismay it wasn't as nice looking as it was online. It was cute, but small and we didn't love the location. It was fun to take the drive and check it out. We visited a new Whole Foods...nice, but Woburn takes the cake. Of course we went there too! Brendan got his normal pizza slices after we scoped up the sample selection, which wasn't big. We did have some good samples in Andover though so we weren't deprived of Sample Sunday delights. Before we left, we satisfied our Latte craving then headed home to get busy. That brings me to the current time, we are watching the game...Brendan is a bit disgusted. Not such a great game!
It's the start of a new week....One more week closer to shredded! It's pathetic, but at this point I am just checking off these days and considering myself one day closer to prep time. I'll probably be singing a different tune come six weeks into the diet...but for now I am longing for the days of baggy clothes, popping veins and the sight of abs!
This week I am keeping a strong focus on pushing myself hard with the weights, doing my thing with the cardio and keeping my mouth free of any "extras."
Still working on pimping my blog and becoming the real deal as a blogger!

Things I am looking forward to this week-nothing too exciting.
  • Putting $50 into our house fund tomorrow after tutoring
  • Making meatloaf Tues. (Sounds old ladyish...but its super good!)
  • Massage on Thurs. (Thanks Bren)
  • Special Date night Saturday night
Keep it real...

No comments:

Post a Comment