Monday, November 7, 2011

A Focused Mind

After posting my first blog yesterday, I decided to return and really make something of this blog. It seems like as of late I am always second guessing every move I make. From here on in I am taking my own advice and going with my gut.  That is the advice I give to my fourth graders when solving a math problem. I truly believe in this statement whole heartily  AND  it buys me some time to figure the problem out for myself.
I am still not ready to commit to pounding the keyboard and detailing the "about me" info yet. However, I will be more than happy to do that this weekend when I have more time to get my thoughts in line and the words just right. After all I want to paint a realistic picture of myself and what I am all about. It seems like I have so much to say.The need to know stuff for now is I have a passion for fitness. I like to eat healthy and I find muscles to be incredibly sexy! I am a figure competitor in the off season who is trying to balance my love for food and  my love for competing one day, meal and workout at a time. 
This morning I woke with a fresh start in mind. I was in a bit of a rut, but I am working my way out. Those details are for the birds, onward and upward, moving forward in the right direction. This is my week back to get back on track. I am going back to some old habits, habits that worked for me. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it right? I got up at five this morning to get my cardio done first thing, rather than trying to get it done after lifting late night at the gym. My husband and I recently joined a second gym closer to our apartment. This is going to serve as our cardio gym when we start prepping for our competition if Feb. It's so close and convenient. I rolled out of bed, drove the gym and pounded out 25 minutes of cardio. It wasn't my finest treadmill performance but for now it does the trick. I am  trying to get my body used to early morning sessions again, before I try and kill it. I was surprised that I did as well as I did..We lifted legs yesterday and that is always a killer workout. I ran 2.5 miles. It doesnt' take a genius to recognize that my pace wasn't all that fast or impressive, but like I said I got  it done. I came home, took a shower and got ready for work. Getting cardio out of the way first thing in the morning is good and bad. I like to get it over with, but it revs my metabolism for the rest of the day, making me hungry. I enjoyed one of my favorite breakfast staples-4 egg whites with salsa and oats and berries. I can't forget to mention my mug of French Vanilla coffee with Stevia...delicious!

My day went fairly fast, which is always a bonus for a Monday. Today the kids seemed to be more chatty than normal for a Monday or maybe it just seemed that way because my mind was still wishing it was the weekend.

Today was my first day tutoring. I picked a once a week tutoring job for one of my former students. It went good. He was one of my favs last year. He lives in a dream house in a dream neighborhood. Thanks to this gig I am $50.00 closer to my own dream house!

I am back to eating my good ol' pre workout of 3 hard boiled egg whites on an Ezekial English muffin.This tasty treat is something I look forward to pretty much as soon as I finish eating my lunch. Did I mention in this blog I am a foodie who loves to eat!

Tonight is our late night of lifting at the gym. I kinda hate it, but it's the only time that works for our schedule. My husband Brendan, & best friend, who you will hear a lot about as I continue my blogging adventure owns a personal training studio and this is the only time that his schedule allots us to workout on Mondays. We workout together everyday and I love it! Lucky for us it was a late night because Monday is national chest day for all the muscle monkeys at our gym. They sit on all the equipment taking their sweet time as they look at themselves in the mirrors. We avoid the show by going later in the evening. My workout was good, pretty strong. It's nice to have a pre workout again. I have returned from the dark side of now pre workout and I am feeling great about it!

Tomorrow is an off day from the gym, no early morning cardio either. I will sleep in a little later and rest up for the week ahead. Tomorrow is a continuation of the positive state of mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment