Monday, November 21, 2011

I like this a lot....

Up and at it early this morning for my cardio. Everyday that I have gotten up for my cardio session has been easy and time has flown...not today. I am not sure why it is but, I felt like I was there forever. It's all good though- I got it done and that is all that counts.
 The beautiful weather of this past weekend has passed. We have been snapped back to what November should really feel like. I don't mind it. The chilly air makes it feel like the holidays. Can you believe Thanksgiving is Thursday? I know right...where does time go.

I was famished when I got home from my whopping 25 minute cardio session-like really hungry. I had wardrobe drama this morning which is never a good way to start the week. I ironed and planned an outfit for today, but I looked like a hot mess. I was bloated, pale and had dark, tired circles-grrr. Not a pretty day that's for sure. I handled it with a last minute change...I opted for a cozy frock like sweater to hide my weekend damage.
I think I am being extra negative and down about my body because its my time of the month. Which means I feel like a stuff sausage  for about 7-10 days. The timing of it sucks too! On the way to the gym Brendan and I talked briefly about prepping for an earlier show in April. very tempting, very very tempting. However, I do think it is best to hold out for our original plan to compete in June, making prep start in Feb. The idea of getting on contest diet in just a few short weeks is delightful, but we have made it this far - we might as well be patient and stick it out. The timing of prep and the show is just right. I don't want to mess with it. We'll have a great summer after. Its crazy to think how much thought and planning go into these contests preps. Its def. not a sport for the weak minded. I prob. should not be involved...doing my best. I swear each off season must get better, at least I am hoping so. As much as I want to throw in the towel with this sport because I am a mental weenie- I can't. I am wired to work for something and challenge myself. With that said I will eventually turn this piss poor attitude around and get my tunnel vision back.

Tomorrow is a new day-clean slate.

Good gym night-we hit hamstrings hard. Still sticking with volume workouts. Monday night is special people night at the gym...and I don't mean special in a good way. I was in one of the state of minds where I was ripping everyone to shreds in my mind, especially the idiot girls with back fat, in sports bras, squatting like a bunch of pansies. Honestly, their form was the worst ever.  They're lucky they didn't hurt themselves. They looked cool though in there PINK yoga pants and sport bras-I guess that's all that matters right...(can you hear my sarcastic tone)

Gotta get my beauty rest...I feel the onset of the sniffles..(wink wink Bren)

No comments:

Post a Comment