Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Keeping it real day 3!

Day three in the world of blog and still going strong. Since I decided to blog daily, I noticed I open my eyes wider and listen more closely for things in my day to pay attention to. It has only been two days, but having the idea of blogging on my mind makes me appreciate my daily life and routines more. It makes me think & wonder more about my everyday activities, instead of moving through each day in a fog of monotonous tasks.

This morning on my drive to work I was listening to the radio and picked up on some lyrics- "everyone has a story to tell." Perfectly fitting and so true. It would be amazing if everyone took the time to document their lives. It would be a great reality check and a good way to be held accountable for personal choices, goals and achievements. It's crazy to think it took me starting this blog to snap me out of a rut that I was in. Life is too short, I have to take advantage of each moment and not sweat the small stuff. Now that I have actually put these thoughts down in words for the world to see, I have it as a reminder that I have to live in the present and not worry about the future. I have no control over what's going to happen and I must go with the flow.

Enough of the deep stuff. Today was my day off  from the gym. I really appreciate these days a lot. It is a good physical and mental rest. This off season I am working hard to make changes and gains to my physique. It is just as much mentally exhausting, as it is physically. I would say maybe even more so mentally draining. However, after completing my contest prep last year I felt like I could do anything. All of the physical and mental struggles were worth the hard work.  Competing was one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. I am hopeful the 2012 season will bring me just as much satisfaction. I can't wait! Prep starts at the beginning of February. Until then I am going to hit weights hard and feed my body with the best possible fuel there is. Not to say I won't indulge in a sweet treat here or there, but for the most part I am keeping it clean!

Today was full of good, clean fuel.  I love everything that goes into this mouth of mine!
  • 4 egg whites with mango salsa, 3/4 C oats, 100g frozen blueberries & 1/2 tbsp. PB
  • 6 oz. plain greek yogut with ground flaxseeds & 1/2 tbsp. PB
  • 3oz. chicken, 150 grams brown rice, 1C broccoli
  • Slice of Ezekial bread, 1/2C FF. Cottage Cheese
  • 3 hardboiled eggs, Ezekial English muffin
  • 6 egg whites, slice of Ezekial bread, 1 tbsp PB
One thing I am for certain, is a creature of habit. I REALLY enjoy every meal I eat. It's hard for me to switch it up. BUT I am going to try...at least a little bit here and there.

I had the chance to visit with my best friend from high school, who is home from Florida. Let me tell you, my little visit confirmed for me that I am not quite ready to have children! I will continue to enjoy my newlywed status!

Things I am loving right now:
  • My new outlook on things
  • My new meal plan
  • Lush Body Bar
  • My new Timex watch from Brendan. (Super light weight & the big digits are a plus)

Keep it real...

No comments:

Post a Comment