Saturday, November 12, 2011

Double Dose

Happy weekend! I didn't have a chance to post my fun Friday happenings yesterday, so most likely if I can swing it later I am going to be posting twice today! I really am taking this blog world by storm two posts in one day as a virgin blogger-I am  awesome!

Yesterday was fabulous. I got right up for my morning cardio session. It seems as though my internal alarm clock sounds even when there is no school. To my surprise there was a decent crowd at the gym. It didn't bother me, but I much prefer my morning cardio with as little people as possible. I roll in looking like hell in handbag and just do my thing. I am loving the fact that I feel absolutely no connection to this new, additional gym membership. I am just using and abusing their cardio equipment. I am not looking to make friends or attempt to get the lay of the land in the weight room. I am purely there for cardio. Heck, I don't even smile when I walk in. Our gym in Stoneham is a different story. We have come to form a bond with this gym. It is our home away from home.  We've made some friends & we get the usual stare down from the usual haters, and we pretty much know every inch of the layout and we count on there being no toilet paper or hand soap  at least two times a week. It is our sanctuary. I took it easy in the cardio department, I only did the eliptical machine (very mindless) because I was planning on a leg workout later in the day-it didn't happen. BUT I am okay with that. I had a wonderful day with my friends. I was "go with the flow."

I met up with my friend JEB and Becca to look at wedding photos. Every time I look at them I can't help but smile and think of how lucky I am to have married my very best friend and love of my life. Our day was perfect-nope I am not even lying. I am one of those lucky brides who get to say not one thing went wrong and I am forever grateful to have an unblemished memory of the best day of my life! We grabbed lunch at a place in my hometown of Haverhill, MA called the Purple Onion. It wasn't bad, nothing to spend too much time writing about though. I had a grilled chicken and spinach salad. I am a beast of an eater, so of course the portion size was minuscule and didn't touch my stomach. Had it been two sizes bigger, I would probably spend more time talking about it-moving on!
Becca had to go to work so JEB and I went to the Ninety Nine to meet up with our other friends, Katie & Maria. This was so random for me, but I am glad I decided to do it. It was nice to catch up. I hadn't seen Maria since our wedding. Katie was throwing together dinner and a fire pit and invited Brendan and I to come back up later in the day. I struggled with this decision in my head, even though I really wanted to go. I have trouble breaking routine- BIG trouble. This flaw is something I am working on. I took a giant step in the right direction because when I got home, I proposed the idea to Brendan and he was down to go! We broke our plans to workout because it would be too much of hassle and we went back up! Kudos to me for being "go with flow." I am so happy we went! I didn't have one regret, I even indulged in some apple crisp-not too much though, I didn't want to get carried away. I can only handle so much randomness in one day! It is important for me to take a step back every now and then and take into perspective  that yes I am serious about my sport, but I do have to maintain my friendships in the process of bettering myself for my hobby.  Just like a loving relationships, friendships need to be constantly maintained as well. I need to remember this when I get caught up in my training.
It brings me to my major blog thought of this post. I was in a really great place mentally yesterday, capitalizing on the idea that I have about twelve weeks of "freedom" to do what I want with my time and eat what I want. I go back and forth with this continuously. Some days I am good with it and carefree and some days are so bad and I am so hard on myself. The days that are good I feel normal the days that are bad I feel like I want to crawl up in hole and never come out! This sport is so mental. I find comfort in reading other blogs about fitness competitors who experience the same mental aerobics as me. I am confident with each competition and off season I will become mentally stronger. There really is no normal for me...or rather, my  normal is eating healthy, being structured and hitting it hard in the gym each session I am there. Lets face it, I am not a fly by the seat of my pants type, I am not a boozer, I am not one to put anything in my mouth that I don't think about first-Its just not me. 
  • I am hardcore
  • I am structured
  • I eat clean ( and love it)
  • I go to the gym to TRAIN not "work out"
I own all these ideas & my actions show it!

I am off to TRAIN my legs! Check ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment