Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tunnel Vision

Finally it's Wednesday!
Today was rainy day here in the Northeast. It doesn't make for a high energy type of day. Despite the dreariness, I got it done! I woke up early for my morning cardio and banged out 25 min. of mindless elliptical. My hamstrings are still sore believe it or not.
After I got my sweat on, I rushed home to shower and eat. I love my breakfast moments...I eat and read blogs before heading off to the craziness of school. I absolutely love reading blogs. The ones I choose to follow are full of  crazy thoughts that I can relate to, good recipes and some thought provoking material to ponder.
Today I read about a fitness competitor's  journey toward her first show and what first inspired her to compete. I thought about my own personal decision to compete. I am a naturally competitive person who enjoys pushing myself to the max. I have been active all my life playing team sports, doing Tae Kwon Do and skiing.It seemed like an easy choice. It also brought new purpose to my gym sessions. I mean , I am thirty now, so I am not playing team sports anymore, although I miss it greatly.
Choosing to compete in figure changed my life and I love everything about it. It makes me feel strong and confident. After enduring the crazy prep, I feel like I can accomplish anything! I probably wouldn't enjoy it half as much if I didn't go through this journey with my husband. We train together everyday. Without getting all mushy, he is my rock, he keeps me sane during prep and now during the off season. Best of all  he comforts me when I am having one of my mental days and he pulls me back to my tunnel vision.

Leg Day today..remember volume training
  • Smith squats 3x (Heavy)
  • Leg Press 3x
  • Super set lying legs curls with extensions 2x
  • Super set hip abduction with walking lunges 1x
  • Seated Calf raises
  • Lower back extension super set with side bends
We were supposed end with Hacks but both machines were occupied..kinda annoying but at that point our legs were pretty crushed. I am hoping to hurt tomorrow!

I am in search of some new workout pants. It's tough to find a pair that's just right. I am not loving tight pants these days...not with these full thighs and bubble butt. I had to stop at Walmart before school, while I was there I picked up some ghetto sweats that have the Bruins logo written down the side. They were actually just the fit I was looking for. Not bad for $12.99 clearance! I wish they had more. I had to make my shopping snappy, I didn't want to be caught by any students or teachers. It would have been majorly embarrassing if kids saw Mrs. Walsh clothes shopping in Walmart!

We are one day closer to the weekend-thank goodness!!This week is going by super slow! I can't wait for:

For my final note of the evening...
Tunnel Vision-Februaly is right around the corner!
Train hard for the next ten weeks
My motiviation


No comments:

Post a Comment