Monday, November 14, 2011

Manic Monday



One day down, four more to go! Despite my WJS (wack job syndrome-my self proclaimed craziness, I often refer to in my daily life) being out of control last night, I ended up sleeping like a rock. I could have slept forever last night.
At the first sound of my alarm, I was up and at it, ready to bang out my morning cardio. I had no plan for my morning session aside from just getting it done. My hamstrings were still really sore from my leg workout, so I def. wasn't going to attempt running. I ended up going with the the stariclimber. This sucker=major calorie burning. The time went by super quick. I was eyeball deep in reading Women's Health. Personally, I think this magazine is full of garbage. I used to be a big fan before I learned better. It is my opinion that most magazines on stands are just that-trash, pages full of advertisements and false solutions for healthy living. Editors should try writing the truth-THERE IS NO QUICK FIX OR PILL! It takes hard work and commitment and a dedication to oneself. My only go to magazines are Oxygen (as of lately it's gotten a little fluffy with its material) and HERS muscle and fitness (good stuff). These two magazines are full of real information and real woman role models. All of the ladies featured in these magazines are the perfect image of what a healthy woman should look like. These woman have bodies that are strong and muscular not frail as a rail, stick thin, sickly looking bodies.
My actual work day wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it def. was a long one. I had meeting first thing in the morning, so that made the day seem kind of long.er than usual. On Mondays I tutor right after school, so there is no time to for any dilly dallying. This is only my second week tutoring. I thought I was going to hate it, but it's actually not too bad. Plus it's fifty dollars added to our house fund. I put it right in the ATM on my way home.
 When I got home, I had my pre workout- 3 hard boiled eggs on an ezekial English muffin. I look forward to this before I workout. Tonight is one of our late nights at the gym. I am not a huge fan of going late, but it is what it is. We lifted back and shoulders. I am really hoping to build up my back and shoulders more with the remaining months of this off season. Fingers crossed! Tomorrow is a hard earned off day. I love a good rest day. I will use my extra time to do some school work and planning. I also will be making a delicious turkey  meatloaf! A hearty warm your belly type meal, that is packed with clean goodness. This is a perfect meal for a fall day- although, lately it's been very warm. I am not complaining. I am hoping by  Thanksgiving time, it gets a little cooler, so that it feels like the holidays. I can't believe it is next week. After that...the holiday madness begins! I am looking forward to my first Christmas with Brendan as husband and wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment