Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Hump Day!

Five a.m. came fast this morning. I felt like I had been asleep forever. This is always a nice feeling.  I popped up out of bed before my alarm even sounded.  I think the only reason I did this, was because I really hate the sound of my alarm. It's on my to do list to change the ringer. Brendan and I purchased new phones recently. We bought the HTC Incredible Droid. I am very pleased with the purchase, but I am still getting used to the fanciness of it. The new touch screen is killing me! I don't text half as much as I used to because it takes a translator to actually decipher what I text. The screen is super sensitive and my fingers aren't the slimmest around.
I am really enjoying getting my cardio out of the way early in the morning. It starts me off on the right foot for the day. The only downside is my hunger is fierce for the rest of the day. I love the feeling of accomplishment, and I am able to give it my all during my nightly lifting sessions, rather than  hold back because I still have to do cardio. Today I hit the treadmill again. I changed it up a bit and did interval running instead of running at a steady pace the whole time. It sure did make the time go quick. Walked out at 5:45 a.m. to head home and wash my sweaty self and get ready for work.
My school day went fast. The kids were kinda crazy...I am thinking the full moon might have something to do with it, but who knows! I learned a new term for mouth from one of my students - cake hole! How funny is that! I will def. be using this in the future.

After school I stopped by the local farm to stock up on farm fresh eggs. Have you tried them? They are way better tasting than the regular steroid infused egg. I strongly recommend the switch!

Today Brendan and I had plans to lift early. It's so great to get it in early and be done. My actual workout was okay-not one of my best. It was back and shoulders. Usually I am exhausted after this workout, but today I wasn't. I felt lopsided and uneven. Lucky for me I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow evening. I can't wait. According to the chiropractor I visit,  my back and shoulders are like "Goose Rocks Beach." His point being I am LOADED with knots! I can't sweat the fact that my workout was mediocre, moving forward. I will get a good one in on Friday. I love weekend workouts. I feel totally energized and ready to work hard. It helps not being at school and on my feet for six  hours prior and the extra sleep is a bonus. Friday is a day off from school - I am super pumped. My weekend starts tomorrow at 2:40! I feel like I have been counting down to this day off since the start of November. It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is two weeks from tomorrow. Gobble, Gobble!

Brendan and I  don't get a lot of time during the week to sit and enjoy each other, but tonight we did. We are starting to look for houses, so we took some time to check some out online. We are in the process of seeing what we like and what we don't like. We still are not positive where we want to settle down, but we'll figure it out soon enough.  We did see a wicked cute house in North Andover.....For now we are just banking money and browsing in the meantime.

Tonight was a good night for relaxing. I got the pleasure of watching Brendan load three pieces of pizza from Whole Foods. He was feeling a little "flat." (In need of some calories) It wasn't easy, but my cheat/reward night will be here before I know it. Brendan was kind enough as always to give me some bites! Saturday night is Flatbreads- our fav!

For now it's time to say peace out- been a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment