Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May ...bleh

Well it's May 2nd...and I have failed miserably in posting regularly. I have hits a few bumps in the road...but I still have my health! I am currently looking for a teaching job for the fall. Going to school each day has been harder. It's honestly the last place I want to be, despite my love for my class. I can't wait until MCAS comes and goes. It is so stressful to prep. Also,  my kids are slowly but surely checking out with each passing day. It makes it difficult to keep them on track. I can't blame them, they are done and ready for summer.
Our hunt for a house is on hold until the whole job thing works out...bummer, but what can you do right?
As for the training, it's going well. We are eight weeks out, seven on Saturday. I have had some significant changes in my training and diet. Increase on the first and decrease on the second. I am still holding on strong and am pleased to be in the upper 120 range. I have some low energy/hungry days, but it's a lot better this time around. My goal is to get as lean as possible. Hopefully, fingers crossed I made some changes.

As of right now we are carb cycling. Two low days, moderate, and high days are followed after low. In the cardio department I am doing two SS days of thirty minutes, and three HIIT days of 15 intervals. Last week we threw in a plyo day as one of our SS days. I think we plan to do the same this week, for something different. I haven't yet thought about a suit yet, or taken a walk in my heels, but I know I need to do that soon. I am dreading posing, I hate looking in the mirror...but it has to be done!

Coffee is my BFF these days! I have many ups and downs emotionally. It's all part of the ride. Lately, been feeling down -the weather is crappy, I think it's my "period" week even though I am not actually bleeding...and I am getting all psyched out by facebook posts and updates of people. I tell ya, this is a cocky sport, people are so full of themselves-it is crazy!!!! I def. don't have an ego like some of these maniacs! We'll see what happens as the stage day approaches!

Just maybe I ll get my act together and start posting...I mean this is the home stretch and the weeks when it's really a ride on the crazy train! The rest of the weeks were the calm before the storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment