Friday, May 18, 2012

Five Weeks

So here I am again, regretting the fact that I haven't blogged throughout my prep. My original intent in creating this blog was to record the ups and downs of contest prep,emotionally and physically. I wanted to do this so I could look back and read about my moods, strengths, gains and challenges during my prep. I think its important to do this because looking back when all is said and done it's hard to remember the specifics.
For instance I said to Brendan this morning that last prep. I couldn't remember not sleeping (my current issue) during prep. He reminded me that too was the same last prep. Even though most of the prep is behind me, I will now be consistent with blogging for the last five weeks. It will be important for the home stretch to get down the details, so the next time around I can look back. Yes that's right...next time around! We are shooting to do The Cape show in October.

As of right now training has picked up quite a bit. I am doing cardio twice a day, easy elliptical 200 cals int he a.m. and intervals of some sort at night. I do have two off days from lifting, but not cardio. I am cool with the current plan, I have adjusted to it,now that I am in my second week of it. My body is responding so that keeps my motivation going. I am leaner at this point then what I was when I first stepped on stage-bonus! My body is getting tired, and it feels that the end is in sight. So far my attitude is way better than last prep. I feel good about how things are going. Not to say I am not hungry, but this time around I don't feel like my world was taken away. I like our routine. I do indeed miss date night, but it's all good. I am pleased to have the best husband and training partner here to pick me up when I feel down.

Today I got down to the south shore to meet with the lady who will be making my suit. I am excited. It's all coming together now. On Sunday I will be trying a posing class for the first time. I know from here on it,I got to get those heels on and practice.

Did I mention today I have personal day from school-lovely! Brendan and I did our morning cardio together (40 min. goes by faster with him next to me for some reason) and went to Trader Joes to stock up on potatoes. Today is a high carb day so we are all smiles.

On the personal front, I am getting sad but excited for the end of the school year. At this point, I hate going into school because I know I won't be there next year. I am trying my best to put up a good front and keeping my fingers crossed I don't have to wait until the end of the summer to know what I will be doing in the fall. My dream would be to make fitness my whole life and screw teaching. However, I know that is just a dream. Reality is I need a steady job and benefits for Bren and I . Oh well....for today I will enjoy my carbs and day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment