Sunday, May 27, 2012

Finally Relaxing!

I have been meaning to blog all week, but have been completely wiped out. This week by far, has been the toughest since prep began. My double session cardio has kicked my butt! I was mentally and physically beat this week.
On Friday I could barely keep my eyes open at school, as it was I sat in a chair every chance I got. That is so not the type of teacher I am. I never sit! My  energy this week was def. low and it played with  my mental state. I had a  mini meltdown in my mind as I was warming up for my leg workout on Friday. I felt defeated in my mind.  I cannot remember the specifics (hence the reason I want to write daily, so I can get those raw emotions down ) but I know it was rough.

At this point in the game, my body, especially  my legs have little, to no time to recover. Therefor I am depending on coffee to get me through!


On the flip side this weekend is a long weekend due to Memorial Day. I am enjoying it to the fullest. I feel way less tense and more go with the flow. This weekend we have had no HIIT sessions so that helps too.

Today was super productive. Brendan and I cleaned and organized. I think we had six garbage bags full to give to good will. I feel decluttered and accomplished. We got up and at it early this morning. We knocked off our steady state cardio right when we woke up. We then returned home for eggs,oats and Friends reruns. Sundays are my fav. because we get to eat and relax together. I felt this week especially we were two robots running on a schedule with very little us time, because of that reason, today was especially rewarding.  After breakfast we spent hours doing our cleaning thing, then took our lunch to the lake and people watched and caught some rays for a couple of hours. To top off our productive morning, we rewarded ourselves with pedicures! Yup both of us! I feel like I lost five pounds of dead skin from my feet! They feel so nice and clean. I also got a manicure. I am sporting a pretty sea green on both my toes and fingers. Bren is a big fan of pedis these days! He is an excellent companion to have for these little treats!

I havent' felt this relaxed in a long time. That's one thing about prepping for a show, you feel like your mind and body is constantly going. I can appreciate good tunnel vision, but sometimes I just need a break!

This post wasn't nearly as detailed or fulfilling as I had wanted it to be, but I am going to savor the last minutes of the my evening with Brendan. I am so excited to have another relaxing day tomorrow. A day to recover from lifting. The only thing on our agenda is a 60 min walk...I hope tomorrow is as beautiful a day as today was. It's really starting to feel like summer around here! Four weeks until go time...gonna push my best these last four weeks!


I saw this pic. online today and thought it was great!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your break!!!

    T.

    P.S. Love the picture - it's so true - lol!

    ReplyDelete