Sunday, May 20, 2012

5 wks!

Hello blog world, here I am making good on  my blogging declaration. I am going to do  my best at recording the last five weeks of prep.
This weekend has been a punch in the face energy wise. I feel knocked out! Thank goodness nothing this weekend has required high energy. At this point in prep. my energy gets low fast due to my depleted body!

Yesterday, I had to babysit my niece for the day. I packed up my food and was out the door by seven. I have noticed during this prep. I am much better at packing up  my food. It doesn't take me nearly as long as it used to and I know exactly what I need at all times. I always feel prepared and way less stressed when it comes to taking food on the road. Last prep. I felt panicked when I knew I had to pack up my meals. Brendan and I are professional food packers now!

The morning went well, I took Rory to dance and we played a bit. Lucky for me we did some low key coloring and puzzles, nothing required too much energy and I was happy to indulge in nap time myself when the clock struck one. It was a beautiful day outside and usually I am a sun worshipper, but I was happy as a clam sleeping away the afternoon on my sister's couch.
When I got home Brendan and I ate preworkout and headed to the gym. Our usual Saturday night is closing up the gym. Yesterday was no diff. We trained chest and back and squeaked out forty minutes on the elliptical. The past couple of workouts we haven't been recording. Usually I carry a mini clipboard with me and record my weights. I feel less stressed without it. Tuesday I'll be back to having clipboard in hand. I do love making note of everything, but the past few days has been a nice break. We are between workouts right now, so I have one more day of no clipboard. After that, it's all business.

This morning we did our calorie cardio right when we woke up. I didn't mind it at all. It's kinda nice waking up together, getting it done and then coming home to eat breakfast together. No doubt I am super hungry by the time we sit to eat. Lately on Sunday mornings, we have been watching Friends reruns as we eat iyr eggs and oats-loving it!
We headed out right after breakfast to search for polyester warm ups for the competition after we get our spray tan done. Mission accomplished! We still need to find a zippy for Brendan but we both got pants and I got a zippy. I am not gonna lie...I like my new competition threads. Comfy and sporty, just the way I like it! This time around we opted to pay the price and get professionally spray tanned. I am really looking forward to not having to paint one another. Hopefully, it goes as smooth as I am envisioning in my mind and the process makes the money worth it!

We headed to the lake to catch some sun and people watch. It was time well spent relaxing and chatting. I get super excited when we talk about our post comp. training/eating plan. I am excited to make changes and get serious again. I love this life!

Despite having low energy and being a tad bit hungry lately I wouldn't choose any other sport or way of life. We still need to knock out legs and intervals later today, but it's all good. I love rising against the challenge! I am going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday with my love.

 I am not excited for school tomorrow but I promised myself the days of school stress are over. I am tapped out....there are only like seventeen teaching days left. I got this! This is my last full week of school! The rest of the year I have four day weeks-then helllooo summer!

On a side note...I have slept like a baby the past two nights. That's a real treat considering most of the week I toss and turn or pee a million times throughout the night!

1 comment:

  1. I love the nights when I don't get have to get up to pee 400 times and I can actually get quality sleep...it's the little things that make us happy...lol!

    T.

    ReplyDelete