Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hello March!

It has been awhile since my last blog post. I have every good intention to get regular with my posting but can't seem to make it happen-YET! I will though. I enjoy blogging for sure, but I want to put value into my posts. I love the fact that it is a good outlet for me to chat it out in words. This is a good place to release!

I have been enjoying so many wonderful blogs lately. I feel inspired by all of you who blog on a daily basis. I love what you have to offer and share. Each blog I read, I feel like I take something of value away. Sometimes, it's just a good mood boost in the morning, or motivational push or a good book recommendation-I am digging it all.

I am looking forward to trying some of the many wonderful recipes I have come across... after my contest prep is over. The good, clean,  foods in the creative dishes sure give me a light at the end the prep tunnel. Must I say it again-this time around is going to be different. When I come off my prep diet, nothing but clean foods are going into my pie hole!

Contest Prep check in:

Things are moving right along. The weeks keep getting smaller which is nice. It's no longer a crazy number of weeks like 20! It's more on the side of a reg. prep time. I think we are coming on 15 weeks out. The scale continues to move slowly down- SLOW being the key word. This was the goal from the start to go slower this time to conserve muscle and preserve sanity in a sense! Each week I feel better. I still have days where I feel fat...but its in my head. I am having more options in the clothing department too,which makes getting ready for school in the morning not so annoying anymore.
I realize now, that the last two or three months leading up to this prep. I let myself go more than I wanted to. I think I had the mentality of not getting to eat anymore so  screw it! I know now, that wasn't right. Live and learn. This figure journey is all about learning from previous mistakes and boy have I learned a ton! I am excited that this time around my mind is in a good place and so is everything I put into my body. The last prep. we used a lot of artificial flavoring on our food. Let me tell you the huge difference of not using that is!! I feel awesome...never bloated or gassy. I think so far that has been my most important lesson along with my knew knowledge of coming off the diet properly. We were misguided in a major way last time because we didn't know any better. Again living and learning.

The key def. is to keep busy. We have been doing a great job at this the past couple of weekends. We have been tackling some home projects and keeping busy with errands and good prep. It is way better than sitting around looking at the clock waiting for the next meal.

My workouts in the gym have been satisfying too. I continue to get stronger. The extra motivation of the show helps but so does the idea of getting my body back! I am so excited that I feel better about the way I look. Major bonus!

My birthday is only a few weeks away. I am not so excited about another year older but I am excited to have a night of not eating out of tupperware. We have been looking forward to this since the start. IIt's our middle of the way cheat. We are going to a fancy restaurant having a good steak and potato dinner with salad! I can't wait! We are also going to see the Hunger Games! Working so hard over the past seven -ten weeks is going to make this night so much more rewarding. I cannot wait to get dressed up and have a date with my husband!t

Until then....I'll be training hard!

1 comment: