Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Making Good on My Blog Resolution

Happy Tuesday! I was about to write Happy Hump Day, but unfortunately for me and perhaps you too, it's only Tuesday! I am already wishing away the week for the weekend. It seems since the start of the week my days have been off. I think it is because Brendan and I usually have Monday off from the gym, but we flopped it for the day off on Sunday instead! I am all thrown off!

I'll be honest Monday was a rough one for some reason. I was super anxious in the morning before school. I couldn't seem to recover from my relaxing Sunday and fun weekend. I didn't want to go to school one bit, even though it was a stress free day because of MCAS. My head was racing. Part of me felt guilty for actually relaxing on Sunday and wanted to go hard right from the start Monday morning, the other part of me couldn't get motivated. I am still suffering too! I can't seem to relax, but at the same time feel lackadaisical- weird!!!The weather did a 180 which isn't helping either. Its COLD again...like real cold. Heavy jackets and sweaters-gross! I so wanted to be done with that ...even though I knew it wasn't possible.

The rest day on Sunday was beneficial for working out. I felt fresh in that department. Aside from yesterday being national chest and back day at the gym, we were able to get a good lift in and intervals! I was nervous...because all the Dbags were lurking around, taking up space yesterday and we were on a mission. Thirteen weeks out bitches-go hard or go home! Sorry for the outburst but I am excited. I feel the journey is now heating up! Tonight we have legs...always a favorite and ALWAYS a tough one. We will follow the lift session up with intervals too!

Today was the last day of MCAS testing. I love and hate this. No more peace of mind at night or in the morning taking my time getting off to school- back to stress! Plus I am the math teacher and right around the corner is Math MCAS-no time to waste. AND rumor has it Principal Molle is making surprise observations, not loving that at all...NO good for a crazy girl with anxiety like myself. BLEH...I am loving the end because testing makes the days seem so long...and my kids are all out of whack in the behavior department. Nervous excitement on their part I guess....

This post is all over the place but I am just going with it...this week I implemented beets into my diet. Not bad, I like giving my body new foods to soak up. I also changed up my sweet potato to brown rice. Small tweaks are helping me keep my diet fresh and not so boring. Next week the plan is to start carb cycling-I'll be interested in what that will bring.

On a fun side, I got my NOOK tablet today, but will not be opening until the weekend. I'll keep ya posted. I am super excited and trying to finish my current book at lightening speed so I can move on to a new book and get it started using my new toy. The book I am currently reading is the Discovery of Witches...good indeed but it's what I like to call a smart book-def. a thinker. Next up  is something a little lighter.

Off to eat some pre workout oats and get my game face on!

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture - it makes me chuckle every time I see it!

    T.

    ReplyDelete