Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Birthday!

Happy Day today! I have made myself my birthday promise to blog at least three times a week. This is like my bday resolution or something...

Anyway, yes today is my birthday and I am 31! It's hard to believe..that number sounds old. I don't feel old though-so it makes no difference to me-just a number! Life is good. I feel good physically, mentally and emotionally!

This weekend was great. It was one that Brendan and I have been looking forward to since we began our contest prep. journey, which was I believe nine weeks ago. Yup that's right nine weeks into dieting. It's very different from last prep. Its going smoothly so far. It actually really begins tomorrow. Thirteen weeks out-go time. There will be many ups and downs ahead I am sure, but I know together Brendan and I will get through it all. My gym days have been good, I think only two workouts so far have blown so that's not too bad. My diet has been very bearable so far. I have consistently lost one pound every week since we started nine weeks ago, so I am pleased. Doing the longer prep. is less cut throat. It's been a little less mentally nutty too.

Last night we had our one and only planned cheat meal. It wasn't even a cheat meal. We went to Flemmings Steakhouse/Wine Bar in Boston. It was delicious. We had salad, one piece of bread, petite sirloin and half baked potato plain with steamed green beans plain. Nice, clean and delicious. For dessert we had Berryline which is frozen yogurt-probably the healthiest yogurt out there. No artificial crap added. I had fresh blueberries for a topping and Brendan had fresh strawberries. It was a delightful little treat to top off a delicious meal.


The good thing is, I was completely satisfied and it didn't set off any cravings, which was what I was a little nervous about. The bonus to the evening was our waiter tipped us off on the restaurant week deal so we saved like $70.00! Flemmings is a tad pricey, but it was a special occasion!

I am interested to see how my body responds this week on the scale. Its def. kinda neat to see new veins coming in and feeling my body firm up. I love unwrapping the package!

This week I will get down to the nitty gritty of posing-nothing crazy but at least get started on it. I need to dust off the heels and make them an extension of my legs. Last year I looked like a five year old in her mother's heels the way I walked in them. This year I plan on bringing a more polished look to the stage, maybe some girly glam. Last year I was too busy being petrified on stage.

Enough about contest life! In addition to a wonderful dinner date, we saw the Hunger Games- It lived up to the hype. I loved it. I want to reread the books! The only down part was we had a little mishap with our timing and arrival to the theater. We were stuck in the second row. I do not recommend this seating arrangement-ever! It's a good thing we had our tickets bought already or else we would have been totally out of luck in the movie department. After settling down, I was able to enjoy myself. I was fuming at first and to top it off I dribbled salsa down my white camisole because I was eating my chicken and green beans in the dark! I never fail to spill  in the light, nevermind in the dark! Geesh. It was a great flick though! Brendan enjoyed it too!

This morning was my actual birthday. As always Brendan spoiled me. He's the best! Full of fun surprises-always! I am one happy bday girl! We went to visit my parents today too. We planned a movie date with them, since celebrating with food is out of the question at this time. With them we saw 21Jump Street. Wicked funny. It's not often we see a good movie in the theater-this weekend we saw two! Kudos to us!

I am so fortunate to have a wonderful husbad and family. Even the later mentioned bugs me at times, I'll keep them!
I am so not looking forward to Monday at all. The weather is night and day from last week. It's chilly and raw. Not a speck of sun to be seen in the sky. I am hoping for tomorrow to change a bit. I expect cold, but a little sun would be great for the mood. My fourth graders have MCAS testing which is easy on me, but at the same time makes for a loooong day and a lonnnng weeek!  I am trying to keep positive though...three weeks until April vacation.

The weekend coming we have zero planned, which is kinda nice. This week and weekend was super busy with zero down time. I am wiped out! The only thing on the agenda is getting my new NOOK from my parents. I am super pumped! Fingers crossed that this week is a little less crazy than last as far as having no down time!

Things to do this week:
Get serious- its go time! Time to pose it out and continue pushing hard at the gym!
Stay positive
BLOG!

Did I happen to mention I am the new owner of a Longchamps bag (Thanks to my best husband)I feel cool!
AND new Under Armour kicks---the sneaker obsession continues!

Monday here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

    And I love when you can start seeing veins...I point them out to my husband and he just shakes his head & chuckles at me :)

    T.

    ReplyDelete