Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to School...not for me

Today I woke up with an instant loser feeling. This would have been the first day of school for me if I  was still working at my old school...pardon me while I wipe my tears. Grhhh, enough about that, I am not going to dwell on my current unemployment situation. This is not what this blog is all about! Ha it's about my passion...fitness. Although, believe me if something awesome comes my way in the job department I'll keep you posted! For now trying to maintain healthy, positive attitude that something is going to come my way. After all stress is terrible for the body. I have started to get my tension headaches again from stress, hopefully over the next couple of weeks I'll adjust and come up with some kind of schedule for myself. Next week I plan on putting my name in for subbing locally and maybe get a Nanny job if the timing works out.

On to the fitness related stuff happening in my life. This past weekend I have decided with the help of Brendan to compete one last time at the end of the month. However, I will not be doing the figure category as I usually do. I am going to give the fitness model category a whirl! Totally different from the pressure of figure...we'll see. I am going to have to be girly girly runway style, which cracks me up just thinking about it. It's something different and something for me to shoot for and focus on. As far as my body, I could probably step on stage as is, but we are cleaning it up for the next three weeks. Nothing too crazy like prepping for an OCB show, just cutting a few cals and adding a bit of cardio. Today is only day two and I am hungry! It is crazy how much food I was eating and still staying pretty lean. It goes to show you how well we did with our reverse diet and keeping ourselves in check food wise. Only healthy, good, muscle, building food enters this pie hole these days. I couldn't be more happy either. I finally feel in control of myself-it's in a sense very liberating. It is my lifestyle. I am proud of it. I eat to stay lean and gain muscles. It is who I am!

We are on week three of our volume training switch up. I can't imagine lifting any other way. My old workouts, diet and everything about last off season was so unhealthy. I am happy to say it is just a distant memory now, that continues to fade with each smart, healthy move I make. I am moving forward and accomplishing great things in the gym. I have a total balance in my life.

To keep things interesting in the cardio department, I am looking to add some boxing into the mix hopefully over the next few weeks and perhaps a spin class too. I need a little variety. I enjoyed adding tredmill sprints into the routine. I did bike intervals on Monday for the first time since deciding to do this show and what a difference a little side motivation makes in how hard you push. It was a great feeling to be gassed at the end of a quick cardio session.

Some exciting news for me : I got invited to compete at the DFAC world championship in Miami on Nov 3rd (as a result of winning my class at the Baystate). I won't be going, but it still felt cool getting the invite to compete since it's an invite only show! Anyway, I think I am going to stretch my legs and go for a walk...too much time on my hands these days without a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment